วันพุธที่ 21 มีนาคม พ.ศ. 2555

Why is the US so afraid of me? | Raquel Gutiérrez

Am I blacklisted

? I was surprised when the plane he was traveling in was thrown out of U.S. airspace, because I was in.

On Wednesday, July 20, 2011 at 22:35, I embarked on Aeromexico flight 033 to Mexico City to go to Barcelona. I had to connect from there to another Alitalia flight to Italy, where he met with friends to share their experiences of Latin American struggles. The flight was normal until just after midnight, when the captain told us we'd be back to Monterrey, Mexico, as the airspace of the United States was closed.

extreme To my surprise, when we landed a little after 1 am, a flight attendant asked for my ID and asked me to collect my things and accompany out of the plane. When I reached the door of some Mexican federal police and two or three employees Aeromexico asked me to identify more, and leave the plane. I told them I was not going to be explained what was happening. They said "the U.S. government refused the plane because you're at it."

I was amazed. A good person in Monterrey Aeromexico said they were also very surprised, and said they would see what could be done. I had no choice but to leave the aircraft. The federal police asked me to submit a copy of my passport. I think that young women were surprised that I Aeromexico. We waited at the airport for an hour and a half until they were finally able to send the plane on its way. After that, I was taken to a hotel. I was scared and very angry. I asked them to give me a place on the first flight back to Mexico, which has agreed to do so. I felt a shock, a profound vulnerability, and desperately wanted to return home in safety.

I think I am on a blacklist of the U.S., although I have never said. Presumably I am blacklisted because he was arrested in Bolivia in 1992 as a result of my political activism. I was tortured and imprisoned and accused - now with Bolivia, elected vice president, Alvaro Garcia - with membership in a guerrilla organization. The case was dropped due to lack of evidence, and all charges against me were officially retired in 2007.

Those of us who are in a U.S. government "black list" - for a variety of reasons often absurd - We are not asking that they let us in your country. It is absurd to maintain an aircraft in the air when we travel.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น