of inquiry to investigate allegations that U.S. soldiers handcuffed and executed women and children during a raid in 2006
The Iraqi government is launching a new investigation into one of the most controversial incidents of the war in Iraq, after the publication of a diplomatic cable, alleging that American soldiers handcuffed and executed women and children during a raid of 2006.
troops were also accused of soliciting an air strike to destroy the evidence.
An aide to Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki said Friday that previous research had blocked, but the government could revive his research as a result of new information.
In 2006, there were conflicting accounts of what happened in the city Ishaqi, north of Baghdad, the troops said that nothing had bad past, but the villagers suggested the death was an attack to avenge the death of two soldiers before.
A diplomatic cable published by WikiLeaks this week revealed that a UN official, Philip Alston, the United States said in 2006 had received information that all residents of the house had been shot in the head. His speech was not publicized at the time.
The letter has inflamed public opinion in Iraq at a delicate moment in US-Iraqi relations in the midst of difficult negotiations on the retention of U.S. bases in Iraq after the scheduled departure of the troops U.S. in December.Aa Iraqi officials
The memo leaked onto the State Department, dated March 27, 12 days after the incident, said the U.S. Mission in Geneva, had received a letter from Alston, Special Rapporteur on extrajudicial, summary or arbitrary. In his letter, Mr. Alston said he had received several reports about the murders, and the dead Hratt Faiz Khalaf, 28, his wife, three children, mother, sister, two nieces, a period of three years and a parent to visit.